In addition to guys nearby you (as determined by your device's GPS capabilities), the Nearby grid for Android and Search grid for iOS is also used to search for guys that are near any address or business in the world.
To perform a Location search:
- in iOS
- Tap on Search grid and and tap the "Search" button
- Tap Location. A search field will appear along with a map
- As you type an address, the app will look for matching complete addresses and will present them as selectable options
- When you tap on the desired search option, you will be returned to the map view, which will zoom in on the chosen location. This is useful for seeing exactly what Maps will use as the geographic center of the searched location
- Tap Done to return to the Filters menu. The search location you entered will be listed in the filter
- To execute the search**, tap "Search". You will be returned to the search grid displaying results selected in your search.
- Note: The Search tab will transition to one of your selected search parameters, e.g. New York, NY
- in Android
- Open the Filters Menu and tap Location. A search field will appear
- Enter the location, address or area you wish to search and tap OK when finished
- You will be returned to the Filters Menu. The search location you entered will be listed in the filter
- To execute the search**, swipe the filters menu to the left or scroll to the bottom and tap Apply Filter
** You can set additional searches and filters prior to applying this search. Multiple filter and search parameters will be applied in concert (logical AND relationship)