Due to a policy change, SCRUFF is no longer distributed on the Amazon App Store. You may continue to use SCRUFF on Kindle devices, however, you will need to install SCRUFF directly from our website.
If you have previously installed SCRUFF from the Amazon App Store and wish to update, you must uninstall SCRUFF and reinstall it from our website.
- Please make note of the email address and password associated with your SCRUFF profile so you may login later
- Open the top menu of the Kindle (by swiping down from the top)
- Tap "More", then Tap "Applications"
- Change the "Filter by" to "Third Party Applications"
- Tap SCRUFF
- Tap Uninstall, and select "OK"
SCRUFF is now uninstalled from your Kindle device.
- Navigate to http://www.scruff.com and tap the "android" button.
- If you do not see the "android" button (and instead only see a Google Play button), navigate directly to http://www.scruff.com/sideload
- Tap the link on the web page to install SCRUFF
- Open the top menu of the Kindle (by swiping down from the top), and you will see download progress. Once the download has completed, tap the SCRUFF icon to launch the installer
- Install SCRUFF, and login to your existing profile
SCRUFF is now installed on your Kindle device.