Search + Filters options are no longer buried under the top-left SCRUFF icon, they have been given their very own grid! To access SCRUFF 5’s powerful search and filter options, tap on the search tab.
Note that Favorites have been relocated to the star icon in the top navigation bar.
We have also added Two-Tap Filters (iOS only) that updates at random, swipe left or right to view what’s recommended for you. Two-Tap Filters are located below the search field when you have not yet selected any search criteria.
- To enable Two-Tap Filters: Select a suggested filter, then tap search to display the suggested search results in the search grid.
Using the Search grid
By default, the Search grid will look similar to the Nearby grid. Tap the Search button to access the Search + Filters options as listed below:
Scroll through the list of available options, tapping in any field that you would like to use in your search. Once you have made your selections, tap Search in the upper right hand corner to complete your search reload the Search grid with your desired criteria.
SCRUFF free members have access to one the following search criteria:
- Profile Name -or-
- Location -or-
- He is -or-
- He is into
Subscribe to SCRUFF Pro to unlock compound searching which includes all of the above + the following search options:
- Last Online*
- Recently (default) - Online Now & Online Today
- Online Now - Online Now
- Previously - Online Today & Online Past 30 Days (Beneficial for members who are in more rural areas that wish to see/interact with guys who are closer to them, but are not currently active on SCRUFF)
- All Time - Online All Time
- Open to
- Body Hair
- Sex Preferences
- Intersect** - He is/He is into & Sex Preferences fields only
The default toggle for intersect is OFF for logical union of sets. Setting the toggle to ON enables logical AND intersection of sets for your search.
Example: When selecting Guy Next Door and Bear in the "He Is" field for your search:
- Intersect OFF: Returns profiles that are Guy Next Door only, are Bear only, and that are both Guy Next Door and Bear.
- Intersect ON: Returns only profiles that are both Guy Next Door AND Bear combined; does not show profiles that are Bear only or Muscle only.
Saving Search Criteria
Notice that the Search grid title and search field will take on the name of the search criteria used. Your search criteria will be retained, even when closing SCRUFF. There is no longer a need for enabling a setting to retain your search criteria.
Search + Filter options can be easily reset/cleared on iOS by tapping the grey 'X' icon to the right of your search criteria in the search bar on iOS.
Search + Filter options can be easily reset/cleared by tapping the Search criteria bar and then scrolling down to the bottom and tapping clear.