Bear Mode is a SCRUFF feature that auto-applies community interest filters to show you only bears or those who are into bears in the Discover and Nearby grids.
- When active, Bear Mode is automatically applied to the grids. There is a Bear flag-inspired color scheme, which overtakes the visual experience of the app and overrides both free (blue) and Pro (red) coloring.
- When active, Bear Mode also appears as an optional filter in the Search grid criteria.
- Besides auto-filtering and color scheme changes, Bear Mode does not enable, disable, or otherwise alter free or Pro functionality.
- If you do a search that conflicts with the Bear Mode filter setting, it is possible that no results will be returned.
Turn Bear Mode On and Off
Bear Mode can be activated and deactivated on the Profile tab:
- Tap the Profile Icon (bottom navigation bar, far-right end) and then Edit profile.
- Ensure you have selected I am a bear or I am into bears under Communities
- Tap Save or < Back to save your update.
- Tap the Bear Mode toggle switch ON or to deactivate Bear Mode, toggle the switch OFF.
- The color scheme and title logo will change to Bear Mode when returning to the grid.
There’s a fun shortcut to activate and deactivate Bear Mode on iOS devices. Try a Paw Swipe (use 3 fingers to swipe down) on the grid to activate or deactivate Bear Mode. The color scheme and title logo will change. A welcome card will appear the first time you do this.