Bear Mode is a SCRUFF feature that consists of two browsing modes, “Bear” and “Bear Plus”. Both modes auto-apply community and community interest filters to show you more bears and chasers in the Global and Nearby grids. “Bear Plus” adds body mass index and body hair filters for bears, but still includes all chasers. It’s an even bigger bear experience.
- When active, Bear Mode is automatically applied to the grids. There is a Bear flag-inspired color scheme, which overtakes the visual experience of the app and overrides both free (blue) and Pro (red) coloring.
- When active, Bear Mode also appears as an optional filter in the Search grid criteria.
- Besides auto-filtering and color scheme changes, Bear Mode does not enable, disable, or otherwise alter free or Pro functionality.
- If you do a search that conflicts with the Bear Mode filter setting, it is possible that no results will be returned.
Turn Bear Mode On and Off
Ensure you have selected I am a bear or I am into bears in the Profile Editor under Communities. Bear Mode can be activated and deactivated in App Preferences:
- Tap the Settings Icon.
- Tap App Preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom and select either Bear or Bear Plus.
- To deactivate, select Off.
- Press < Back to save your changes and return to the grid.
- The color scheme and title logo will change to Bear Mode when returning to the grid.
There’s a fun shortcut to activate and deactivate Bear Mode on iOS devices. Try a Paw Swipe (use 3 fingers to swipe down) on the grid to activate or deactivate Bear Mode. The color scheme and title logo will change. A welcome card will appear the first time you do this.