In SCRUFF version 5.1 and up, you can share animated GIFs in chat. For the best experience, we recommend sending animated GIFs using a 3rd party GIF keyboard or sending a GIF file saved on your device.
Saved on your Android device
- Open the message with the member with whom you want to share an animated GIF
- Tap the Send Photo icon at the top of the chat screen
- Tap Library and select the saved GIF file from your library
- Tap the checkmark to confirm your GIF file selection and tap Send
Provided below are a few recommended apps and 3rd party keyboards that support animated GIFs on Android.
Download & send files
- From a chat message
- Tap the icon in the chat bar
- Search for your desired GIF
- Tap on the GIF you wish to send
NOTE: Sending links to GIF files in chat is not currently supported.