We updated our profile guidelines in January 2019 to comply with app store policies. SCRUFF prides itself on being a sex-positive community, these policies are in place to keep our app accessible to that community through the app stores. We reserve the right to remove public profile photos and/or text that is outside of these guidelines at our discretion.
If you’ve received an alert that your profile is in violation of SCRUFF content guidelines, it means that your profile included one or more of the subjects below.
- No photos displaying exposed genitals or buttocks.
- No photos displaying genitals obscured with hands, towels, hats, or by other means.
- No photos where waistline is lowered to draw attention to the groin/pubic area. Any visible pubic hair is considered nudity.
- No shower shots (i.e. photos while in shower whether genitals are visible or not).
- No photos framed or cropped to make the crotch or butt the obvious focal point.
- No photos displaying visible erections, tenting or any visible outline of genitals.
- No photos with hand(s) touching or grabbing genital area or buttocks with or without clothing.
- No photos in underwear or jockstraps.
- No photos in bikini-style swimwear except when in outdoor settings (at the beach, by the pool, etc.) and there is no visible outline of genitals.
- No photos of shorts or pants open to show underwear.
- No photos of suggestive or explicit sexual acts, either real, illustrated, simulated, or partially obscured.
- No photos of sexually suggestive embraces or facial expressions related to sexual acts.
- No photos of sexually suggestive clothing and fetish gear (e.g. mouthpieces, masks, sex toys, etc.).
- No photos that display semen (or any fluid made to look like semen or ejaculation) on anything in photo.
- No photos of anyone under 18 years of age.
- No photos of illegal drugs, drug use or paraphernalia.
DISTURBING / OFFENSIVE
- No photos of violent acts to yourself, someone else, or animals; including blood in photo (real or simulated).
- No photos of guns, knives, or other weapons (real or simulated).
- No photos of racist, intolerant, hateful, bigoted acts, gestures, or symbols.
- No collages or compositions of multiple photos.
- No photos where only one (1) body feature is visible (e.g. mouth only, nose only, bellybutton only, foot only, etc.).
- Members found using someone else's photo as their own will be permanently suspended from SCRUFF.
NO MEMBER VISIBLE (NON-SCRUFF MEMBER)
- No photos of people who are not identifiable members of the SCRUFF community (celebrities, crowds, more than 2 faces, full body costumes, etc.).
- No photos that do not depict at least part your body.
- No photos of pets or other animals unless you are also in the photo.
- No copyrighted photos or illustrations.
- No photos of landscapes, animals, buildings, or cartoons/memes.
- No blurry or distorted photos.
ADVERTISING / SOLICITATION
- No photos used to advertise services, goods, events, websites, or apps.
OVERLAY / MODIFIED PHOTOS
- No photos that include text, Emoji, stickers, filters, frames, watermarks, or censor blocks overlaid on photos.
PROFILE NAME & TEXT
- No profanity or curse words in your profile name, including abbreviations, masking and fill-ins.
- No text meant to threaten, intimidate, harass, defame, or insult another person.
- No text that incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind.
ADVERTISING / SOLICITATION
- No advertising of services, goods, events, websites, or apps.
- No advertising massage or escort services.
- No phone numbers or social media handles in your profile name or text.
- No mention of illegal drugs or text referring to sex while on drugs (e.g. "partying").
You may not post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, libelous, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful.
You may not post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which infringes any patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or any other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the SCRUFF Services, or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the SCRUFF Services, or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the SCRUFF Services or any activities conducted on the SCRUFF Service.
Your email address and links to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn or gamer profiles are allowed. The content of external links must adhere to the guidelines above, or they will be removed.
Links to personal websites or small businesses are generally allowed provided they adhere to the guidelines above.
Links to and language about messaging services other than those listed above are prohibited and will be removed.
SCRUFF reserves the right to remove links at its discretion.